Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sesame Coconut laddu

In our recent trip to India, my mother in law made these awesome healthy laddus. I immediately bookmarked the recipe in my mind. And ofcourse after coming back I made these 2 weeks back. My baby loved them. Here is the recipe

INGREDIENTS

1 cup Sesame seeds ( Black or white, I used white )

1/2 cup grated Coconut

1 cup Jaggery

PROCEDURE

1. Take a pan and roast sesame seeds on low flame for 5 minutes. Keep them aside and let them cool down completely.

2. Grind all the ingredients together into a fine powder.

3. Use your hand to make a lemon sized laddus out of the sesame coconut mixture. Oil which is oozed out of the sesame seeds is sufficient to make the laddus.

 

3 comments:

eRecipe said...

I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

Manjula Bharath said...

wow very delicious and yummy laddu :) tempting me !! First time here and happy to follow you :) Do visit my blog too and wud be happy if you follow me back :)

kacper@tastyquery.com said...

Hello!

I saw Your blog and I thought it had great recipes and awesome pictures! I therefore would like to invite You to our new culinary website which has just started.

This is how it works in short. TastyQuery.com is a website for food bloggers and their fans allowing them to automatically collect recipes from Your food blog. It's a large database of links to recipes on food blogs. Everyone can join us for free.

For more please visit:
http://tastyquery.com

TastyQuery.com is an English version of our main website called "Mikser Kulinarny", founded in Poland. "Mikser Kulinarny" has a large audience (over 2 mln unique visitors monthly) and with TastyQuery.com we want to repeat that success and drive thousands of new visitors to your food blog.

In case of any questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards!