Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pureed fruit for babies

At first I am a bit confused on what kind of food should I feed my baby. After some brousing on the internet for baby food recipes, I decided to make fresh fruit and vegetable purees. And the whole process of preparing her food like picking up fresh organic fruits and vegetables, cooking them and feeding my baby...it makes me happy. And my baby loves her food too..:)
Pears


Pears is rich in fiber. It helps as a remedy to a constipated baby.

Nutritional Content of 1 medium Pears:

VITAMINS:

Vitamin A - 38 IU
Vitamin C - 7 mg
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - .2 mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - .25 mg
Niacin - .26 mg
Folate - 12 mcg

MINERALS:

Potassium - 198 mg
Phosphorus - 82.4 mg
Magnesium - 12 mg
Calcium - 15 mg
Sodium - 0 mg
Iron - .26 mg

(source of information: internet)

1. Cut the fruit in pieces and boil them in a pan with a little water until tender. Let it cool down and puree it to the desired consistency. Use any left over water in the process of pureeing. Serve lukewarm.

You need to boil fruits for babies under 8 months old.

APRICOTS



Apricots are a great source of nutrition for babies.

VITAMINS


Vitamin A - 674 IU
Vitamin C - 3.5 mg
Vitamin B1 (thiamine) - .04 mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin) - .01 mg
Niacin - .21 mg
Folate - 3 mcg

MINERALS:

Potassium - 91 mg
Phosphorus - 8 mg
Magnesium - 4 mg
Calcium - 5 mg
Sodium - 0 mg
Iron - .14 mg




Halve the fruit, remove the pit, steam it boiling water until tender. Remove skins and puree it. Serve warm.

You can also make apple, nectarines, peaches and many other fruit purees. I didnt get to take pictures of the other fruit purees as my baby will be hungry by the time her food is ready.


I bought the Baby Bullet for pureeing and milling grains. It is a great machine, but all those storage boxes are not that useful for me because i dont refrigirate purees, i make them fresh for my baby's every meal.

No comments: